Kthaahthikha

One man, a word-processor, and too much free time.

21 July, 2005

Agarta


The windings of Agarta are the home to many strange beasts. They dwell in the shadows and the honeycombs of the crevasses, and their eyes are gilded orbs set with rubies and agate.

It was in Agarta, in the shadows beneath the precipice, that I first found the old man who dwelt enshrouded in his cloak of night. His hair was sparse, his face a crumpled leather chamois. He slipped along through the darkness and never seemed to touch the ground.

‘What brings you here?’ he asked me. I scarcely knew the answer.

I am seeking something, a solution.

‘What is this solution?’

Do you not want to know my problem?

The old man shook his head, clearly amused at the naïveté of youth. We came to an ice-shelf, facing us from across a plunging chasm. Down within this swirled frozen mists and blizzards formed fleeting entities that wilted as they clutched towards the light.

‘Pitiful things.’

I wish for an answer, and so you must hear my problem.

‘No, tell me the answer that you seek. Then we shall see if it fits.’

I looked in bemusement at the figure. His head rose up out of the enfolding darkness, an arm stretched out pallid into the cold blue shine of the ice. In the palm danced a will-o-the-wisp the colour of a coral sea.

The whimsical philosophy in this vignette is in no way attributable to my current reading of Invisible Cities, although it's a good book. Also, there are great things afoot in the life of T.W.Meade, and announcements shall be made concerning them at the appropriate times. Also, Orpheus is a great film, and Kiss of the Spider-Woman stole my idea.

Damn that movie.
Tom Meade, 1:18 am

3 Comments:

hmm. 'tell me the answer n we'll see if it fits...'
V. intersting. Dude... yknow wht u shold do?
Keep writing n keep making pictures and then make a pic book. ill buy it. of course at a subsidised rate (if not free) since I gave u the idea! :)
Keep goin'!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 July, 2005 02:58  
Very well, but I'll need an advance.
Blogger Tom Meade, at 21 July, 2005 10:13  
sure-
*gives oodles of good will, luck and motivation*
Now quit whinging n get started!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 July, 2005 13:16  

Add a comment