Kthaahthikha

One man, a word-processor, and too much free time.

12 November, 2005

I Am Thinking of Starting a Band

I am thinking of starting a band. I am considering placing an ad upon the local musical bulletin-board, and attempting to recruit a guitarist/keyboardist with some vocal ability. This person will preferably be female, as I am a male and complimentary vocals from a member of the opposing gender will also allow for narratives and interesting duets. This person will not have to provide equipment (unless they want to play against my acoustic/electric with one of their own), but an amp would be good.

I am still unsure about doing this, but playing my guitar I have discovered that I have the ability to construct serviceable pop cords of a reasonably-original, sharp-askew-and-looping nature, and do decent background fills on synths. My vocals are not stellar, but these days it’s all about attitude, and they are far from awful (indeed, having a soft, guttural, chest-driven lilt).

The only catch is that I am not really interested in performing, so finding a random stranger to play opposite someone they don’t know in said someone’s study, into a bootlegged studio programme, seems a daunting task. I’m also naturally shy and retiring.

If you have suggestions on an effective method of going about this, please inform me.

If you are curious, I hope to play repeating progressive-pattern-driven pop sitting somewhere between pre-Nico’s departure VU, The Decemberists and rawwk.

Tom Meade, 10:34 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment