Kthaahthikha

One man, a word-processor, and too much free time.

18 November, 2005

Meme thingummy

Ten years ago:

Ten years ago I was living in Queensland, drifting between schools and cheap housing, getting in fights in the playground and attempting to produce a number of trading cards to sell for fifty cents each at school, even though i wasn't entirely sure of how such things worked. Once I found a giant block of ice just lying in a vacant lot. I'm not sure what it was doing there, but for some reason I felt compelled to take it home. I carried it some ways before the ice burn forced me to drop it.

Five years ago:

Five years ago we had just moved from our house which my dad had been buying, but which he was no longer able to afford, to a three bedroom weatherboard structure a kilometer away in which I remain ensconced. If I recall correctly, I was in year 11, and went on a trip to Tasmania with school, during which I discovered at the Cadbury chocolate factory that I don't really like chocolate all that much. My father ate all of the rolos I'd bought for my sister, because he cannot be trusted about the stuff.

One year ago:

One year ago I was working in a youth training programme, weeding the coasts and bringing-in 500 dollars a fortnight for my troubles - which went into the family coffers due to currently resolved fiscal issues. It was during this time that I made a friend, got into music properly (mostly due to Classic FM and Triple J), and discovered that being hugged by a man covered in piss is not as illuminating an experience as one might believe. It was also the year I became a web cartoonist, something I continue to this day.

Yesterday:

Yesterday I slept till one in the afternoon, played my guitar badly and was annoyed to discover that Drunk Duck remained down. I went for a walk along the bay and ate an ice cream, and that night was so challenged in my trying to sleep that I wrote the first 2,000 words of the latest incarnation of my inarguably-doomed NaNoWriMo novel. I spent quite a bit of time staring at my eyelids, trying to let Francoiz Breut send me to sleep, and thinking that Pivot wear a little to enamoured of the beat.

5 yummy things:

Tea, biscuits, cordial, roasted potatoes with gravy, oriental cuisine (a cheat).

5 songs I know by heart:

The Dresden Dolls - Coin-Operated Boy
The Decemberists - The Mariner's Revenge Song
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Massive Attack - Teardrop
The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

5 things I would do with a great deal of money:

Assuming an astonishing, but not a fantastic sum, then I would buy a house and furnish it tastefully (maybe somewhere back behind Lorne with a slight view of the sea), construct a vast library of all forms of media, hire someone to make me an excruiatingly-good website, with incredible hosting and the perfect domain name, buy a book shop, and establish a record/book publishing company.

5 places to escape to:

The internet, my mind, a book, the dark dungeons below the library, the river (when I'm motivated).

5 things I'd never wear:

Jeans (I am protesting the ubiquity of denim, and if that's not a word, it should be), hoodies, singlets, moon boots, a beanie.

5 favourite television programmes:

The Simpsons, Futurama, Samurai Jack, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Angry Beavers (pure b-grade brilliance)

5 things I enjoy doing:

Cogitation (be it collective or singular), reading, drawing, writing, listening to/(attempting) production of music.

Favourite Toys:

Pen, paper, guitar, computer, bicycle (when in possession of a working item)

The first five people who read this post should consider themselves tagged.
Tom Meade, 4:32 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment