Kthaahthikha

One man, a word-processor, and too much free time.

30 April, 2006

Tronslehtion Nombairrr Six



Imagine a death's head, then imagine this death's head as an astoundingly-attractive women, and voila Francoiz Breut.

Also I went to see her perform and it was freaking awesome and entirely worth walking around Fitroy Gardens shivering for several hours afterwards and being told-off for falling asleep in a 24 hour McDonalds. Boris Ihavealongandhardtopronounceeasterneuropeannamecompoundedbybeingpronouncedasthoughitwerefrench was running guitar loops, xylophone, sampler, kick-drums and back-up vocals simultaneously and Francoiz was turntabling and occassionally broke-out a melodica, and they pretty much never missed a beat. Although they had to sacrifice the driving guitar in favour of the percussion on "La Certitude" because of this set-up.

Doubly cool was the second encore, where they wandered out into the crowd with an accoustic guitar, played one song whilst everyone yelled at everyone else to shut-up, and then ran away.

My only regret was that I did not get my copy of Vingt a Trente Mille Jours that I purchased signed for me, even though she was sitting with like two people on the edge of the stage after the band-room cleared-out. But I have low self-esteem.

Also Dave Graney played and he looks like John Waters but presumably sings and plays guitar better. He was sitting by the merch stand after everyone finished-up and no-one talked to him or bought his CD except this one guy who obviously knew him from somewhere. However he and his posse actually played quite well. Clare Moore played vibraphone but we never got the vibraphone-versus-bass apocalyptic psycho jam I kept hoping for.

And I'm pretty sure one of the guys in the crowd was actually ABC televisual comedian and erstwhile radio host Craig Reucassel, although I'm probably wrong. He was wearing a red-and-white stripey shirt!

Also also, every single bar maid except one was really, really attractive for some reason. I think one thought I was trying to hit on her, though. I assure you I was not.

Here is a link to a song of hers I like

Here is a link to a kick-arse interactive music video featuring her signature tune, after a manner, "Si Tu Disais"

Here is the only YouTube result for Si Tu Disais:



Here is me wishing I knew more about obscure music so I could start one of those blogs. You know which ones I'm referring to.
Tom Meade, 1:53 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment